Fashion: Casual Smart

We all know what smart casual is, it's dressing half decent without looking like you've put too much effort in. But I'm currently obsessed with something slightly different and that is wearing smart clothes, casually. Suit trousers with hoodies, shirts with your mom jeans, wearing leather boots and a fur coat with jeans and a t-shirt, I love it. You look smart while also looking comfortable and laid back, it really is the best of both worlds. I developed a love for this way of dressing when I started working in a clothes shop, I couldn't wear my normal clothes because I often look like I'm walking round in pyjamas so I have had to develop a style that I am still comfortable in and like, while looking professional. I have been inspired by my manager a lot lately as she always seems to nail looking casual and cool while still looking smart and professional.

Suit trousers are one of my favourite clothing items at the moment, I have many pairs. Styling them with a hoodie or jumper rather than a shirt dresses them down, but people still appreciate the fact that you're wearing fancy pants.

H&M
£24.99






















Oversized shirts are a great way to add some sophistication to your outfit, swap your baggy t-shirt for a shirt for an instant outfit upgrade. Striped shirts are the best and can be paired best with jeans, doesn't matter what style or colour.

Urban Outfitters
£39






















A black fur coat can make any outfit look a lot more sophisticated, although this only really works in winter. Wear it with your suit trousers for an extra smart illusion or wear it with skinny jeans and a t-shirt if you want something more casual and comfortable.

Asos
£155






















Owning a smart pair of boots has changed my life, seriously. Before then all I wore was trainers and thats a sure way to dress down any outfit, however now I have some black leather ankle boots that go with everything and make every outfit look that little but smarter.

House Of Fraser
£70


















Comments