Ski Season Haul

So there is still a few items on my list of things I need to buy before the upcoming season, but I have a lot of the key things down. Having skied and done a part-season before I already had all the essentials, but there a few things that I have bought to make this season that little bit better.


Snowboard: Typically, when you work a ski season you can rent ski's or a snowboard and the necessary footwear for free or for a small fee as part of your contract. I am a skier but would like to dedicate this season to learning to snowboard, so I have bought my own snowboard and will hire ski's as well so I can do both! My snowboard is the Bataleon Women's Spirit 2018/19. I am 5ft6 so I went for the 149cm length, however it's also important to factor in your weight when choosing the right size snowboard.

Snowsuit: I was lucky enough to come across this amazing black and yellow vintage North Face snowsuit on Depop. It has a belt and the legs are a slim straight fit and tuck into my boots perfectly. It has all the pockets you need and it incredibly warm! Bought from the Depop user @dabell1988.

Coat: Last season I wore a cheap ski jacket I got when I was 13 on and off the slopes. I decided that this year I needed to upgrade and I went for a North Face puffer jacket. It's warm and can be layered if needs be, and can be worn both on the slopes and casually. I bought mine at an outlet however there is a similar one available on their website here.

Sports Bra: I bought a new sports bra as I only have one and i'm going to need another for when that ones in the wash and I want to hit the slopes. I bought the Adidas All Me 3-Stripes Sports Bra which is currently on sale. It's light support and incredibly comfortable, perfect for skiing and snowboarding.

Bag: Having a small cross-body bag that you don't have to think about is great for days when you're only skiing for a few hours so don't need to take much with you. The One by Eastpak is the perfect size for keeping your phone, keys, spare gloves etc safe while you ski.

Gloves: Everyone's hands get sweaty in their gloves, it's inevitable. I decided to buy some silk glove liners to wear under my thick ski gloves, so that I can simply wash them when I need to. This is because you can't put your ski gloves through the washing machine regularly and I'm too lazy to hand wash. I got mine from Amazon.

Joggers: Finally, you need something warm and comfortable to wear around your house/apartment/chalet and although pyjamas are great, it's best to have something else on hand too incase you have guests. These are easily the most comfortable sweatpants I have ever worn and I love the baggy fit and elasticated waist and cuffs. I'm not usually one to buy off websites like this but Missguided's Oversized 90's Joggers are perfect lazy day attire.

Comments