My Current Skincare Routine

I get breakouts every other week and my skin goes from oily to dry and back again almost daily. My skincare routine is something which has taken a while to perfect, and what makes it so hard is that everyones skin is different and products that might work wonders for one person could be terrible for the next. My best advice is to research your skin type and products that contain ingredients that target your specific issues, rather than trying to copy someone else's routine. Nevertheless here is what works for me.

AM&PM, Daily: Twice a day I cleanse my face using The Body Shop's Aloe Cleanser as it is gentle on my sensitive skin. I massage it onto dry skin and wash off using warm water on a flannel.




PM, Weekly: Once a week I will use a face mask. If my skin os breaking out that week I will use The Body Shop's Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask,  if my skin just needs brightening up then I will use L'Oreal's Pure Clay Glow Mask. I apply them using The Body Shop's Facial Mask Brush and leave them to dry. I wash them off using warm water on a flannel.
AM&PM, Daily: I tone using The Body Shop's Seaweed Toner on a cotton pad. I apply it all over my face and leave it to air dry. I use this one for it's oil balancing properties.


AM&PM, Daily: While my skin is drying I apply No7's Early Defence Eye Cream around my whole eye area. This is to support the body's natural defences to ageing contributors such as UV rays and pollution to help skin look younger for longer.






AM&PM, Daily: I apply The Ordinary's Salicylic Acid 2% Solution to spots and blemishes and always find quick visible results. Once a week I will apply this all over my face to exfoliate my whole face and for better overall skin clarity.





AM, Daily: While the Salicylic Acid is setting in I will apply the Origins GinZing Eye Cream under my eyes using a cotton bud before gently dabbing it in using my fingers. I use this in the morning to reduce he appearance of bags and puffiness, and to brighten my whole eye area.


AM&PM, Daily; Depending on whether it is morning or night I will use either No7's Early Defence Day Cream or Night Cream to moisturise my skin and help keep it looking young for as long as possible. I have found it to be gentle enough for my sensitive skin and it doesn't block pores.


Finally, when I have a spot that wont seem to budge I will put a CosRX Pimple Patch over it, and leave it on overnight. I always find that in the morning it has reduced significantly in size and within 24 hours it has gone all together.

Comments