DIY Face Mask

This lockdown I decided to make use of the leaves I was cutting off my Aloe pant by using the gel to create a simple DIY face scrub and mask and now my skin feels so soft and smooth. If you have an Aloe plant at home and are looking for something to keep you busy with benefits for your skin, I would highly recommend this. 

It's quick, easy and effective, all you need is a couple aloe leaves and some brown sugar to make this super simple skin saviour.

I first extracted the Aloe gel from the leaf and blended it to remove the lumps and create a smooth gel texture. I ended up with around 2 tablespoons of gel, but I would say you only really need one. I then stirred in a tablespoon of brown sugar until it dissolved, and that's the mixture done! At first I was worried it wouldn't be as exfoliating as I would like because the sugar was dissolved but it still worked great.

To start off I washed my face with my Body Shop Aloe cleanser which I use every day for my sensitive skin. I allowed my skin to dry then applied the mask by massaging the liquid on my face for 5 minutes, then I left it on for a further 10 to allow the gel to fully soothe and hydrate my skin. I washed it off with warm water, then ran a face cloth under cold water and used it to dab my skin to feel truly refreshed. 

The results were instant and immediately after washing the mask off I could feel that my skin was silky soft and smooth. I finished off by applying my usual eye gel and moisturiser, and my skin feels just as great 24 hours later as it did straight after use. 


Comments