What's in My Bag for a Day of Snowboarding

When you're heading up the mountain for the day it's important to be prepared. If i'm only heading up for a couple hours I may only take my phone and lift pass with me, but if i'm out for the full day I like to know I have everything I need on me. It's particularly important if you're planning on covering a lot of ground and may find yourself over an hour away form home or in an unfamiliar area.

Lift Pass- An obvious start, but I have forgot to take my lift pass with me on more than one occasion. An essential to get up the mountain.

Phone and headphones- For listening to music when I board, tracking using skitracks and for getting in contact with friends.

Fleece- The temperature can change a lot depending on how high up the mountain you go and the time of day, so I like to be prepared by having an extra layer in my bag I can put on if it gets a bit chilly.

Lip Balm- When it's cold your lips can get dry and chapped, so it's important to keep them hydrated. My favourite is Nivea Hydro Care with SPF 15.

Water bottle- If you're out all day doing exercise, drinking water is essential to stay hydrated. I always try to carry a water bottle with me but wrap it in a plastic bag incase it leaks.

Suncream- On bluebird days, even when it's cold outside, its pretty easy to get sunburnt. I carry a small tube of suncream to put on my face to avoid getting burnt and the awkward google tan lines.

Purse- If you're buying lunch on the mountain, it wont be cheap. Make sure to have some money with you for food, and some just in case of an emergency (for example if you get lost or miss the last lifts and need a taxi home).

Portable charger- If you're using your phone all day for music, tracking your skiing and adding to your Instagram story (we are all guilty of this) it's a good idea to have a portable charger in your bag incase of an emergency.

Goggle Lens- If the weather is likely to change, for example if it's due to be sunny in the morning but cloudy in the afternoon I will pack my low light google lens to switch over during the day so I can always see clearly.

Camera- I can't count the amount of times i've got off a lift to see a fantastic view and wished I had my camera on me. It's not an essential but great to have to capture the fantastic scenery a snowy mountain provides.

Comments