Life: Uni Update

I haven't been posting regularly lately and it's because I'm simply too busy. University life is weird because you never seem to do anything, I couldn't tell you what I've done with the past 4 weeks of my life, but I have been busy constantly and I just don't understand how. Living on your own means more responsibility, like doing food shopping on your own, and all those little things you've got to do consume any spare time you have. I also have already been given a lot of work to do, I've been told to keep a journal of my induction period, start a creative process journal to fill with all my independent work and we have been given research tasks and a certain number of pages of drawings to complete every week, this is after an average of 4 hours a day in uni. I never thought a Fashion course would be so full on but I guess unlike the people who only have 9 hours of lectures a week, I am getting my £9,000 worth.

One of the things I enjoy most so far is marketing lectures, I always liked business in school and there is something oddly satisfying about everything you've learnt in the past being linked to the fashion world.

Another thing I enjoy a lot is illustration workshops, even though we've done no fashion illustration yet. In the first week we did mark making, where we were given a box of art supplies and were told to create as many different effects and textures with the media we had. We experimented with all different kinds of paints and pens to see how they looked, and also used many different things to apply the colour to the page to see how the methods created different end results. We also did pint mixing, where we spent time creating a palette from an image. It was more difficult than I thought it would be to mix a paint colour that exactly matched one in the image and it became slightly frustrating when you could never get it perfect, just quite close.




Comments