Home: My New Room- Student Accomodation

Today I moved into student accommodation, its something I have been looking forward to for ages. I still live in my home town however I now live on my own in the city centre, I get the best of both worlds because I can move out and live independently while still being able to drive 20 minutes to see my friends. It's a very scary and exciting experience but my flatmates all seem nice enough and I really think I will enjoy living with them for the next 9 months. It seems quite surreal since I have been picturing this day for a long time, you never know what to expect. I was told it never is what you expect it to be, its better, and so far that is probably accurate.

This morning I drove to my accommodation, filling two cars with all my stuff. My parents said it would never all fit in my room but it has which has surprised even me, I tend to massively overpack. Although I couldn't fit all my clothes in the wardrobe I have an extra clothes rail. I have also made use of the under bed storage putting things like towels and spare bedding there, things I don't need to get out regularly. I didn't bring a TV thinking there wouldn't be enough room however now everything is set up I think there will be space. I have decorated the room with tapestries, fairy lights and foliage, I've also put up some posters and pictures on the wall to make it more personal. Now everything is done and I'm looking at the room, I'm very happy with it. It's so me and I love the idea that I decorated it myself and it is my own room in a flat with 5 other students. I have an en suite so I've stuck metal racks on the shower wall and surrounded the mirror and sink with all my products. I've also covered my bed in, arguably too many, cushions but it looks so cosy and welcoming it makes taking them off every night and putting them back on every morning worth it. The idea that this will become my home is slightly weird but it's very exciting.

This is how my room looked when I first got it. I was provided with a desk, chair, set of 3 draws, storage shelves, curtains, pinboard, bin, desk lamp, bed and mattress, bedside table, wardrobe, full length mirror, coat hooks and a bathroom with a shower, toilet, mirror and sink.



And this is my room all decorated.









Update: I have been living here for a week now and I love it, my flatmates are great and I love having my own place. I have also added some more fairy lights and my TV complete with Apple TV and my Wii of course.


Comments