Hair & Beauty: Skincare Routine

Morning:



I don't stick to a strict skincare routine because I'm just too lazy for that and I often forget, but I have a general routine I stick to most days. In the morning after my shower I start by massaging a small amount of Huygens Le Gommage Visage, which I got a sample of in my June Birchbox, onto my whole face. It's a scrub which works great however it's very gentle on the skin and therefore ideal for everyday use, I'll definitly be buying the full size version when mine runs out. After washing that off with a flannel I put some No7 Beautiful Skin Foaming Cleanser onto a Body Shop Facial Buffer and again massage that onto my whole face. While the buffer smooths the skin and scrubs away any dirt, the cleanser refreshes your face and removes any unwanted oils. I then apply No7 Rapid Spot Rescue to any remaining spots on my face and leave it on for around 10 minuites, with daily use spots dissapear much quicker than usual. While that is on I also apply The Body Shop Elderflower Unperfumed Eye Gel to my eyes to cool and soothe them and to reduce swelling, and apply Carmex Lip Balm. After I've washed off the Spot Rescue I use a generous amount of No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream and am ready to start my makeup routine. 

Nighttime:



Before bed I start by removing eye makeup and lipstick using a Simple Makeup wipe. These are the most effective makeup remover I've used in terms of mascara, eyeliner and lipstick. However on my face I use Soap & Glory Drama Clean which I apply to a cotton pad, this is a lot more gentle on the skin than the wipes as they often leave my skin red, sore and sensitive. However as well as removing your makeup very quickly and effectively, Drama Clean also wipes away dirt and dead cells leaving your skin feeling refreshed. After removing my makeup I again apply No7 Rapid Spot Rescue and leave it on overnight. As soon as a spot appears and I apply the spot rescue it's gone within a day and in most cases its overnight. Finally before bed I apply No7 Beautiful Skin Overnight Revitilising Eye Balm which reduces puffiness and dark circles. 

Weekly:



Once a week I use a few extra products on my skin which are not to be used every day. I use Soap & Glory The Fab Pore to unclog pores, reduce the pore size and to exfoliate. It also leaves the skin incredibly smooth. After washing that off I scrub No7 Beautiful Skin Purifying Exfoliator over my whole face and then wash it off using a flannel, it scrubs away any dirt and effectively exfoliates the skin. To finish off and cool my face after scrubbing, like any other day, I massage No7 Beautiful Skin Foamin Cleanser onto my face using The Body Shop Facial Buffer. Although this is continuing to scrub my face it is cooling and soothing and calms the skin down after using harsh products. If my skin is slightly red or feels sensitive I will wet a flannel with cold water and wash it over my face, and leave some time for my skin to settle before moisturising. 



Comments