Hair & Beauty: MAC glosses

For Christmas (yes I know it was six months ago) I got a set of four Mac glosses. I've only worn one of them since because gloss isn't really my thing and some of them are glittery which has just never appealed to me, however today I thought I'll try them all.



From left to right the colours are Love Alert, Dynasty At Dusk, Paper Lantern and Deelight.

Glosses in the sun.
Glosses in the shade.
Glosses in the shade with flash. 

I decided to try them on after attempting to do prom makeup as that is fast approaching and my makeup skills are ar about the same level as my 6 year old cousins.

I was trying Love Alert along with various shades of matte red lipsticks and I almost immediately dismissed it because it's sparkly and glossy, however after trying it on I considered it an option and wanted to see how the other ones looked too.

In terms of colour, I like all of them but Dynasty At Dusk because of the orange tones which I don't really like and they don't suit my skin. All the glosses are very thick, because a fair amount has to be applied for the colour to show up strong, and it feels as though it will come off very easily. Three of the glosses have nice soft sponge wands which are easy to use, however Love Alert's brush has bristles which go hard and stick together easily making it hard to apply and difficult to spread evenly, you have to apply thick layers of gloss to prevent the brush from wiping it all away when trying to evenly distribute it. Because of this I don't think I'll be wearing this often as it takes a while to apply and will have to be reapplied very regularly, it's more hassle than it's worth. I won't be wearing Dynasty At Dusk again either because of the orange tones. However I love Paper Lantern and Deelight because of the nude colours and subtle shimmer, they're perfect to finish off a simple everyday makeup look, especially in the summer.

Love Alert
Dynasty At Dusk
Deelight
Paper Lantern

Comments