Life: Leeds Festival

Last year I went to Leeds festival and it was a great weekend for me as a lot of my favourite bands were there so I decided pretty last minute to go again this year. Although I was truly disappointed when I found out there would be no silent disco this year, it made the festival for me last time.

The lineup this year was good, but not my favourite so I was going more for the experience than the actual bands. Sounds stupid as its a music festival but the whole festival atmosphere is just one of my favourite things ever. Everyone is so friendly an there is never any judgement and everyone is there for the same reason; they love music and want to have great weekend.

The over friendliness and constant high spirits could be due to the large amounts of alcohol consumed and drug use but thats just part of the festival experience. And as for sleeping on the ground in the freezing cold, because after all it is England, you just had to put up with it. Not that you would spend much time trying to sleep anyway. You'd go out to see the acts you want to, then you'd be out at the Piccadilly and Relentless stages until late then you'd sit around the camp chatting for many more hours after that before getting a few uncomfortable hours sleep and as soon as the sun rose you were awake to do it all again.

For me, it's a weekend to completely escape the world, your life and any responsibilities. You don't use your phone other than to take a few pictures (and maybe text your mam to let her know you haven't died yet) so you have no connection to the outside world and everything is about the festival and the music and the culture. You forget where you are and for a weekend, you let loose and have an amazing time without a care in the world. You really feel at home surrounded by such friendly people who are all like you and like all the music you do and thats one of the best feelings in the world. You also get to see some pretty funny and ridiculous sights you wouldn't see sat at home, just check out the @spottedleeds twitter account.


























Comments