Life: Holiday!

Yesterday I got back from my holiday to Spain and I wanted to share some of it.

Our first destination was Portaventura, a theme park not far from Barcelona and we stayed there for one night in a western themed hotel. I've never stayed in a themed hotel before and it exceeded my expectations. They stuck to the theme so well and everything looked amazing, I often forgot where I was I got so lost in it all. Being a lover of big rides and the adrenaline rushes, I really loved the theme park too and will definitely try to go again at some point. The rides were great and the queues were never too long, which was good as the heat was almost unbearable at some points but we could always cool down with a water ride. After experiencing Disney world in Orlando and Universal last year I wasn't sure if this would live up to it but I enjoyed every minute there.





































After one night in Portaventura we moved on to Valencia, a typical spanish city on the coast. We didn't do much here however we had a walk around the city and went to a few shops and ate dinner by the sea. It was all very pretty and it was a great day out.
















After the night in Valencia we made our way to Benidorm. Unlike our previous destinations, which we were one of the only English families, it was full of english holidaymakers. We spent one night there and it will probably be one of the tackiest nights of my life. After leaving a bar because we didn't wish to watch the live sex show they were putting on, we past bars with girls on stripper poles outside and went to watch a drag queen pretend to have Santa's black baby and blow baby powder around the room pretending to be Whitney Houston. That's not something I thought I would ever be able to say I've seen and I can't say I enjoyed it either. Although we did find a nice bar with a really good singer where we spent the rest of the night and overall, I enjoyed my time there. One night was enough for me though.






The final stop on our trip was to our villa, which is near the coast in southern Spain. We did lots of great things there such as swimming in the natural waterfalls, go karting, shopping, mud baths, hiring pedalos as well as spending time on the beach and sunbathing around the pool.
























Comments