Life: Holiday Prep

I'm a very organised person, not that you would be able to tell by the state of my bedroom but I like things planned and I like to make lists, and writing lists with what I'm going to pack in my suitcase when I go on holiday is pretty much the most exciting thing in the world to me. I love to buy holiday clothes months before summer has began and I begin to subconsciously stop wearing what I want to take away with me weeks before my departure and I spend days packing and repacking my suitcase so I can fit in as much as possible.

I've began to write lists of what I think I will need from clothes to bikinis to jewellery and makeup to books and hats and sunglasses and toiletries... I have no idea how this will all fit in my suitcase.


I've started laying out evening outfits on my bed that I think will work and taking pictures of them, I can't be bothered to try on about 40 different outfits, then I start to narrow them down. As for daytime outfits all I have done is takes a few pairs of shorts and skirts from my wardrobe as well as some of my favourite tops and put them in a pile in hope that some of them match to make a half decent outfit. I really can not be bothered to come up with a load of daytime outfits that I won't wear anyway because I tend to throw on the first items I pick up when I'm being rushed out the hotel at ridiculously early times for breakfast.




Shoes are the biggest nightmare for me because I just can't stop buying them and have about a million different pairs and my parents like me to only take about 3 pairs away with me because they use up a lot of weight. It's a huge struggle choosing only 3. I have about 6 pairs of trainers I want to take as well as 2 pairs of sandals and flip flops but I make my decision on them once I decide on my outfits and see which ones will go with most.


The thing that puts me on edge the most is makeup and everyday face scrubs/moisturisers etc. I want to get it packed away so I don't forget it but I also want to wear it everyday and I will need to keep it out until the morning we get the flight meaning it's one of the last things I pack. However I'm always scared I forget it and I like having everything organised and put to the side and I can't do that in this case, it's horrible.



All this in mind, packing is only one of the things I need to do in preparation for going on holiday. With such little time to go I'm not sure how I'm going to fit in dying and plucking my eyebrows, building up a tan using tinted moisturiser, getting my nails done, dying my hair and making holiday playlists on top of working and driving lessons. It's going to be a hectic run-up.

If you haven't yet guessed I've been writing this post gradually as I do more preparation over the course of a few weeks and as I get closer to the holiday, I am now one week away, I get more and more stressed and I'm writing more about my worry of forgetting something than the actual preparation.

After a build up of excitement I finally go tomorrow! I need to be up at 4am but everything is packed and I am ready. I can't wait to see new places and try new things.

Comments