Hair & Beauty: Eyelure Review

I've never been that into makeup and I'm no expert on it however I have always took a lot of care over my eyebrows. I naturally have light hair however my hair is dyed dark at the roots so I have to fill in my eyebrows with a dark pencil on a daily basis. However this gets boring and repetitive and when I go swimming the pencil comes off and my eyebrows are so light they look virtually non existent and it looks quite terrible next to my dark hair so I decided I would try dying them. I looked around for a while on the internet and decided to order this Eyelure dye with the matching pencil form feelunique and then I added a nail vanish to the order to get free shipping however the nail vanish wasn't very good.




It all came in a nice box within a few working days which I was pleased with. The nail vanish turned out of be very thin and left streaks on my nails and the colour didn't go with my skin at all which was a shame. 

This is my before picture and I apologise for how bad my skin is. I read the instructions and mixed the correct amounts of colour cream and applicator. It was suggested to apply vaseline or something similar around the eyebrow so the dye doesn't get on the surrounding skin which I did and I am glad as it proved to be difficult to get the dye on only the eyebrow hairs. A mascara wand was provided to apply the dye. 
This is my during picture. The dye was supposed to stay on for around 5 minutes however I left it on for slightly longer. 
This is my after picture. I had some trouble as after I removed the dye my eyebrows still seemed very light so I did a second application and left it on for 10 minutes the second time and they still seemed very light and I was beginning to feel disappointed. However I did this late at night and by the time I had woken up my eyebrows were dark brown like it said they should be on the packet and I am now happy with the colour of them. At the time though I wasn't happy with the result and tried applying the eyebrow pencil to see if it would make them look any darker.









It did help slightly however the eyebrow pencil I usually use made my eyebrows look so much thicker and fuller so I wasn't pleased with this. By the morning though my eyebrows were dark like I wanted and this eyebrow pencil was all I needed on top of them and I think if I used my normal pencil they would have looked way too thick and dark. I wouldn't however recommend this eyebrow pencil on its own.











Although you can't see my dark roots in this picture, my eyebrows now match and I can now leave the house without worrying about my eyebrows as I now don't have to do much to them and I will definitely feel more confident swimming on holiday knowing the dye won't wash off in the water like pencil does. I would recommend this product if you have light eyebrows however you have to be patient as they won't be dark immediately after dying them. You can get up to 12 uses out of this packet and for under £5 I would say this is money very well spent.




Comments