Home: Decorating

Many years ago, when I was around 6 years old, I got a playhouse for my birthday which I kitted out with a toy kitchen and food and a mini plastic table and chairs, little curtains and a load of kids games and every kid in the street came round to my 'house' on a regular basis. As I got slightly older I got rid of all the toys and got a cheap sofa and bookcase to put in there however for years I never went in as I saw it as childish and I wasn't very fond of the amount of cobwebs in the place.


Last week, however, I made a sudden decision to clean it out and make a teenage girls version of a man cave and basically turned it into my second bedroom. I got rid of the remains of toys and games, cleaned and re-cleaned the insides completely clearing it of any insects and took down the curtains as spiders seems to have a habit of living, and dying, behind them. I then ordered a load of duvets, pillows, blankets, fairy lights, candles and photo frames from Ikea at the cheapest price I could find and decorated. I took some books from my bedroom to put on the bookshelf and took one of my posters to decorate the plain wooden walls.

This was the result.









Comments