AW22 Trend Prediction: The Tracksuit

My second prediction for the coming colder months isn't exactly groundbreaking, considering the impact athleisure wear has had in the past few years, however I do think it is still significant. We have seen off duty models sporting yoga wear and leather jackets, sweatpants with heels and so on, but with the rise of collaborations such as Gucci x Adidas I think we will see the trend enter a new era.

To be a little more specific, I think we will be seeing a lot more tracksuits on our feeds rather than just a good old yoga set. But to be more specific again, shell-suits in particular. We all know that pop culture can have a dramatic effect on trends, and with the return of the insanely popular series Stranger Things for its fourth and final season, I can see some 80's styles making a re-appearance. 

A core element of 80's fashion was items such as cycling shorts (which we all know have returned with a vengeance and seem to be here to stay), legwarmers (see my preppy trend prediction), fluorescent colours and funky patterns, baggy/'mom' jeans, high tops, and yes, shellsuits. The reason I am focusing on shellsuits in particular is because we have seen a lot of these other styles seep through into our wardrobes and feeds already but this one is only just breaking the surface. 








Comments