Hair & Beauty: Mascara

Does mascara actually do all these things they're advertised to do? Does 'Rimmel supercurler' look any different to 'L'Oriel mega volume' when applied? Does 'Soap & Glory extensions effect' actually make your lashes appear longer? These are some of the questions I asked myself when looking for a new mascara. I don't think what the tube says actually makes a difference at all. You see adverts saying look at how volumes these lashes look with out mascara, but they're wearing fake lashes? Nah. As long as you're buying a product of half decent quality I don't think it really matters. Obviously if you buy Chanel you'd expect a lot more from it than MUA, but I reckon the hundreds of different mascaras in the £7-£15 price range are all pretty similar. But I decided to buy a different mascara to my normal just to see anyway.

I previously used Maybelline: The Rocket Volum' Express which cost me all of £7.99.


I have just bought Revlon: Ultimate All-In-One for £9.99.


The only difference I noticed between the two was the brush. The Maybelline one is very big which I've been used to so using the Revlon brush was slightly weird at first but I realised the smaller brush allowed me to get to the eyelashes in the corner of my eyes more easily. The Revlon one applied more smoothly but I think that's because its brand new and the Maybelline one has started to dry out now. Apart from that they look exactly the same, I put one on each eye and you can't tell that I'm wearing different products at all.


EDIT: Since receiving my June Birchbox I feel I should edit this post. This month in my box I received 'They're Real' mascara by Benefit Cosmetics and it is the best mascara I've ever used. It's so easy to apply and makes my lashes appear so long and full. I would highly recommend.

Comments